Supply Chain Performance Management Services
Let's face it, in an age in which we're all being asked, or told, to perform well with fewer resources, or to do more with what we've got, the pressure is on to figure out how we are performing, and where we need to get.
At the simplest basis, this might involve setting production standards at a functional basis, and measuring accomplishment and trends against targets. At the next level, it might require methods to set and monitor group performance targets. Those might, then, need translation into unit cost objectives and goals. There are also alternatives in more comprehensive sets of performance measures (the dashboard). And, while much can be done with simple spreadsheets, serious performance management software can come in to play. Ultimately, there are environments in which group performance needs to be linked to gain sharing or profit sharing.
There are usually a number of factors interleaved in the design and implementation of performance management programs including:
- How to establish standards and targets (methodology)
- What type of standards to employ, and at what level to aggregate
- What factors motivate, and de-motivate, associates in measurement and compensation
- The structure and content of initial and ongoing communications about standards and performance, for associates, for supervision, and for management
- How and why to link -- or de-link -- measured performance from either compensation or periodic performance reviews
- How and when to adjust performance expectations, either up or down
- When to develop a performance management infrastructure
We typically think about these programs in manufacturing settings. They are absolutely vital in supply chain logistics -- the ultimate point of contact with customers.
With decades of experience in productivity and performance assignments, using multiple techniques in a broad array of industries, we are well-positioned to put together practical sustainable, and effective performance management programs. Whether the objective is throughput, cost management, staffing planning, or some combination, Van Bodegraven Associates will deliver results.
Choose from the services below:
Supply Chain Performance Management
Supply Chain and Logistics Cost Reduction
Third Party Logistics Service Provider Evaluation, Selection, and Management
Supply Chain Logistics Diagnostics
Supply Chain Design
Supply Chain and Logistics Forensics
Due Diligence for Supply Chain and Logistics Acquisitions and Investments
Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management Workshops
Teaching and Training With the Supply Chain Game
Customized Supply Chain Training, Education, Seminars, and Workshops
Logistics Operations Rescue & Recovery